Get the only online backup that protects your files against malware
Your hard drive crashes. You hit “Save” without thinking and an important version is overwritten and lost forever. Someone accidentally deletes all the wedding pics. You restore an infected file to your new computer and end up having to start all over again.
Having a backup is a good idea. Having a backup that you can be confident is completely free of malware is a better idea.
Malwarebytes Secure Backup automatically backs up your important documents, music, photos, and videos to our state-of-the-art online data center. And these files are transmitted using military-grade encryption for complete safety.
But before Malwarebytes Secure Backup uploads a file, it scans the file for malware using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. So now you can confidently save files that you know are clean. And you can share these clean files with friends by simply sending URL links to the files stored at our data centers.
Unlike other backup services, Malwarebytes Secure Backup won't allow you to back up, restore, or share infected files or malware. It's just a good idea...made better.
The only online backup that protects against malware
- Eliminates worrying about lost files
- Remembers to back up when you don’t
- Removes the threat of saving or spreading infected files
- Uses backup technology named “The top-rated backup solution” by PC Magazine
Never worry about losing your photos, music, or financial records again
Files are backed up automatically to a secure server according to a schedule you set. Every version of a backed up file is archived. Every backed up file that is deleted from Malwarebytes Secure Backup is archived. So every file can always be retrieved. Relax, you’ll never lose anything again.
Know your backup files are malware-free
What’s the point of storing infected files? Malwarebytes Secure Backup automatically scans your files with the powerful Malwarebytes Anti-Malware engine. So your backup is not only safe, but clean.
Back up all your devices, one license
Most backup services limit the amount of the devices you can back up. Not Malwarebytes Secure Backup. You can back up as many different Window, iOS, and Android devices and drives as you want. One license, one reasonable price, everything, from everywhere, backed up. It’s as easy as that.
Share a file, not malware
Want to share a file with a friend? Well, it just got simpler. Malwarebytes Secure Backup sends an email to your friend with a download link to the chosen file. It’s easier than emailing an attachment. And you know you’re not sending malware.
- Seamless integration with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Backs up to the cloud and/or local drives
- Convenient 50, 100, and 200 GB plans
- Unlimited device backup (your Malwarebytes Secure Backup software must be installed on a Windows PC before you can access your accounts from iOS and Android devices)
- Unlimited file versioning (only the largest version of the archived file counts against your storage allotment)
- Deleted files archived
- Automatic backups
- Web management portal
- Network drive and external drive support
For a complete feature list and specs, download the Malwarebytes Secure Backup Datasheet.
View the Malwarebytes Secure Backup FAQs for more information on data security and privacy.
Note: You will be asked to pick your plan after you hit the “Buy Now” button.Basic
- 50 GB
- Unlimited devices
- 100 GB
- Unlimited devices
- 200 GB
- Unlimited devices
Where is my data stored?
Your data is being stored in a U.S.-based SSAE 16 (SOC 1) certified data center. Security features include:
- Manned 24-hour security and video surveillance
- Proximity security badge access
- State-of-the-art smoke and fire suppression
- Temperature controlled environment systems
- Seismically-braced construction
- Redundant backup power systems
Your data is protected by advanced RAID configurations and real-time network monitoring.
What about U.S.-EU Safe Harbor?
We participate in U.S.-EU Safe Harbor practices, which include:
- Notice about the purposes for which we collect and use personal information
- Option to opt-out of disclosure to third parties of personal information
- Onward Transfer responsibilities in cases of third party disclosure
- Access to personal information
- Security precautions against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction of personal information
- Data integrity measures to ensure data is reliable for intended use
- Methods to investigate and resolve complaints, procedures for verifying commitments to safe harbor principals and obligations to remedy problems
For the full U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Overview, click here.
How is my data encrypted?
Your data is protected at all three stages of the backup process:
- Before files leave your computer or mobile device they are protected using a first layer of Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption, the same encryption used by banks and military organizations.
- Files are transferred to our secure cloud using a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) connection that employs a second layer of AES encryption.
- Once files reach our data centers, your data is protected with a third layer of AES encryption.
Why should I use the UltraSafe feature?
If you choose the “UltraSafe” feature when starting your account you will ensure that no one can access your data. This is done by creating a “custom” encryption key at the time you sign-up that is based upon the username/password combination you enter. This custom and personal key (saved as a special and secure file on your computer) is used in the first layer of encryption performed on your computer/mobile device before files transfer to the cloud. Note: If you lose/forget your username/password combination your data will be unrecoverable—there is no way to de-crypt data without that information.
Special note: Some service providers encrypt your data on your computer before transferring to the cloud. However, they skip this step when you transmit your data from a mobile device. Your data is transmitted unencrypted to the cloud. With our service your data is always encrypted before being sent to the cloud, whether on a computer or a mobile device.
What happens if Malwarebytes is subpoenaed for my data?
As with any U.S. company, per federal regulations we are required to provide data in the case of a subpoena. However, for those who choose to use UltraSafe on their account, the data would be irretrievable for this purpose and would remain private.
How it works
- Malwarebytes Secure Backup scans the file to be uploaded with your copy of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (PRO or Free).
- If the file is free of malware, it is encrypted and uploaded to the secure server. If the file is infected, it is skipped and you are automatically notified that the file is infected.
- Your clean file is safely stored.
- Version: 1.0
- Operating Systems:
- Windows XP® (Service Pack 3 or later)
- Windows Vista®
- Windows 7® (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows 8® (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Android Jellybean 4.2.x or later
- iOS 6.1.3 or later
- Languages Available: English
- Hardware Requirements:
- 256 MB of RAM (512 MB or more recommended)
- 800 MHz CPU minimum
- 30 MB of free hard disk space
- 800x600 or greater screen resolution
- High-speed Internet connection recommended
Click Here to read the Changelog