Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA removes the latest nastiest rootkits and repairs the damage they cause.
Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA is cutting edge technology for detecting and removing the nastiest malicious rootkits.
This is beta software, for consumer and approved partner use only, use at your own risk, and by
proceeding you are agreeing to the terms of our license agreement, enclosed as "License.rtf".
All Beta versions are non-final products. Malwarebytes does not guarantee the absence of errors which
might lead to interruption in normal computer operations or data loss. Precautions should be taken. The
types of infections targeted by Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit can be very difficult to remove. Please be sure
you have any valued data backed up before proceeding, just as a precaution.
While we encourage and invite participation, Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA users run the tool at their own risk.
Malwarebytes bears no responsibility for issues that may arise during use of this tool, however all
reasonable efforts will be made by Malwarebytes to assist in recovery should the need arise.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from the link to the right.
- Run the file and follow the onscreen instructions to extract it to a location of your choosing (your desktop by default).
- Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit will then open, follow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.
- Click on the Cleanup button to remove any threats and reboot if prompted to do so.
- Wait while the system shuts down and the cleanup process is performed.
- Perform another scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to verify that no threats remain. If they do, then click Cleanup once more and repeat the process.
- If no additional threats were found, verify that your system is now running normally, making sure that the following items are functional:
If there are additional problems with your system, such as any of those listed above or other system issues, then run the 'fixdamage' tool included with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit located within the ‘Plugins’ folder and reboot.
Verify that your system is now functioning normally.
If you experience any problems in running the tool or it hasn't fully resolved all of the issues you had, please contact support.
- Internet access
- Windows Update
- Windows Firewall